Current RFP/Bid Opportunities
2017-02 Boiler Replacement ProjectBoiler Replacement Project Information
The Palo Verde Community College District invites responses to Bid “2017-02 Boiler Replacement Project” from qualified firms, partnerships, corporations, associations, or professional organizations to provide services for the Boiler Replacement Project (“Project”). Potential Bidders must have completed the CUPCCAA Pre-Qualification Application with the College.
Respondents to this Bid should submit one original copy of the requested materials and all supporting documentation in a sealed envelope labeled “2017-01 Boiler Replacement Project Bid Submittal” to:
Palo Verde Community College District
Attn: Stephanie M. Slagan
1 College Drive
Blythe, CA 92225
Site Visit. An mandatory pre-bid conference and site visit will be held on May 30, 2017, at 1:00 p.m. (PST) sharp, meeting at the Administrative Services Department, 1 College Drive, Blythe, California. The site visit is expected to take approximately 1 hour(s). Failure to attend this Site visit will render a vendor ineligible.
All responses must be received before 4:00 p.m. (PST), June 5, 2017. It is the respondent’s responsibility to ensure timely delivery to the specified location.
Should you have any questions concerning the information contained the Bid document, please submit them with the title “2017-02 Boiler Replacement Project Bid” via e-mail or fax no later than 3:00 p.m., May 31, 2017 to Stephanie Slagan, Fiscal Services Specialist via email at email@example.com or via facsimile at 760.922.0230.
Palo Verde Community College California Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Act (CUPCCAA)
Palo Verde Community College (PVCCD) has adopted the CUPCCAA (Public Code Section 22000 Et Seq.). The act is commonly referred to as the “Informal Bidding Act”. In accordance with the Act, Palo Verde Community College will maintain a list of qualified contractors who will be asked to bid on any public works project less than $175,000 pertaining to a specific area of expertise.
Palo Verde Community College will create a new list yearly and will advertise every November, but contractors may fill out the pre-qualification application any time during the year in order to be added.
Please note that in order to participate in any PVCCD bid, the contractor must, at the time of the bid:
- Have a current, valid California contractor’s license in the trade (s) for which the company is qualified, under the name shown in the PVCCD application.
- Provide a certificate of insurance showing current commercial general liability coverage and automobile insurance of at least $1,000,000 per occurrence/$2,000,000 aggregate.
- Provide a certificate of insurance showing workers compensation coverage as required by the Labor Code, or be legally self-insured pursuant to Labor Code 3700. If exempt from this requirement because there are no employees, show evidence of exemption issued by the California State License Board.
- Have bondability from a California-admitted surety with current bonding rate and available bonding capacity for specific project requirements.
- Be eligible to bid or be awarded a public works contract, or perform as a subcontractor on a public works project, pursuant to Labor Code 1777.7.
Palo Verde College - CUPPCCAA Procurement Process
Fiscal Services Specialist