Programs at a Glance

Pell Grant

This is a federal program for undergraduate students to help pay for their education after high school. Eligible students can receive Federal Pell Grants for the time necessary to complete the first baccalaureate degree. Pell awards for the school year 2011-2012 range from $400 to $5,500. How much you actually receive depends on your EFC (Estimated Family Contribution), the cost of education at Palo Verde Community College, whether you are a full-time or part-time student and the number of semesters attended during the school year.
Pell Grant Fact Sheet & Disbursement Dates

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

FSEOG is an award to help you pay for your education after high school. It is for undergraduate students with the lowest (EFC) Estimated Family Contribution (with priority given to Pell Grant recipients). Due to limited funds, grants will be given to those students with the lowest EFC, on a first come, first served basis, until all funds are awarded. Awards range from $100 - $500 per year.

Federal Work Study (FWS)

The Federal Work-Study Program is a Federal program that provides jobs for students who qualify for financial aid. The amount awarded is based on need and on the availability of funds. Students must be enrolled at least half time and maintain a 2.00 (C average) GPA to be eligible. Work-study jobs are located both on campus and off. Students earn an hourly rate and are paid twice a month.

Board of Governor's Waiver (B.O.G.W.)

The B.O.G.W. is a State program designed to waive the enrollment fees for California residents who show financial need, are recipients of public assistance, or have low incomes. A separate application must be filed to receive an enrollment fee waiver from this program.
BOGW Eligibility

Bureau of Indian Affairs Grant

Full-time students who are least 25% American Indian, Eskimo, or Aleut, and recognized by a tribal group may apply for a grant. To request an application, call the Office of Indian Education Programs at (916) 978-6058, or visit their website at

Other Programs of Financial Aid

Many students attending Palo Verde Community College receive assistance from a variety of programs: Cal Grant B and Cal Grant C, and scholarships. Although the college does not determine the awards from these programs, we help distribute the funds. Information about individual scholarship programs are posted in the Student Services Office and applications are available in the Financial Aid Office. The library also has a complete listing of the many scholarships that are available to students.