Succeeding in Online Classes
How do I succeed in online classes?
Students considering online classes need self-discipline to succeed.
Factors such as motivation, planning, and determination play a key role in managing your computer courses off-campus.
Tips for success:
- Do not think that online classes are easier than on campus classes. They are not easier. They have the same rigor and the same commitment to quality education as any class at PVC. You will need self discipline to succeed.
- Read any information about your class carefully and closely. Most information you need to succeed is there for you. Students need to read that information slowly, carefully, and closely.
- Log in to your class every day in the first two weeks of the semester. Instructors will have different requirements for logging in. But if you log in every day during the first two weeks, the odds decrease that you will miss something.
- Each online class will be different. Just because one instructor sets up the class a certain way doesn't mean that all your classes will have the same structure. Adjust to those differences quickly.
- Be vigilant about assignment due dates. Complete all your assignments on time. Do not procrastinate.
- Never fall behind. Do not think that you will be able to "catch up" just because you are enrolled in an online class.
- Think about your class every day. It doesn't have to be for a long period of time. But thinking about the class every day will be a reminder that you are in a class and that you will need to submit to the discipline of the class.