Insurance and Bond Requirements
Palo Verde College requires vendors to submit evidence of adequate insurance and bond coverage, regardless of the dollar amount of the project, prior to performance of work or services on College property.
Types of insurance required, depending on the contract awarded, may include but are not limited to Commercial General Liability, Workers' Compensation, Automobile Liability, Garage Keepers, Crime, Product Liability, Pollution Liability and others. In general, Commercial General Liability, Workers' Compensation, and Automobile Liability are required in the amount of $1,000,000. Proof of insurance shall be submitted to the Purchasing Division within ten days of provisional award of a contract.
The insurance certificate must be prepared pursuant to the requirements listed. Failure to comply with these requirements in a timely manner may jeopardize the renewal and/or continuation of a contract.
- The FULL name of the Company(s) affording coverage must be named on the certificate of insurance. Insurance Company(s) selected MUST be authorized to do business in the State of California and rated "A-, VI" or better by the A.M. Best Key Rating Guide (www.ambest.com). A Service of Suit Clause must be furnished in the event a Company is a Surplus Lines Company.
- Commercial General Liability insurance should be written on an ISO Occurrence form CG 00 01 07 98 or an equivalent form. There shall be no endorsement or modification of the CGL limiting the scope of coverage for either insured vs. insured claims or contractual liability. (1) The CGL policy shall include wording that the policy is Primary and Non-Contributory.
- Commercial Automobile Liability shall be written on an ISO form CA 00 01 12 90, a later version of this form, or an equivalent form. Insurance certificate shall reflect coverage for any auto.
- Palo Verde College must be named as additional insured on Commercial General Liability and Automobile Liability coverage. (A specific City department shall not be named.) The City requires Contractors to submit: (1) an ACORD certificate with Additional Insured Endorsement naming the "Palo Verde College, its respective elected officials, officers, employees, agents and representatives" as an additional insured, (2) a separate Additional Insured Endorsement page (CG 2010, CG 2026, or equivalent) also listing the "Palo Verde Community College District, its respective elected officials, officers, employees, agents and representatives" as an additional insured.
- The Workers' Compensation policy must be accompanied by an endorsement for the Waiver of Subrogation of rights against the "Palo Verde Community College, its respective elected officials, officers, employees, agents, and representatives."
- The authorized Insurance Agency Representative's original signature is required.
- A notation of "All Operations" or the Bid/PO Number and/or Job Title must be included on the certificate (one (1) per certificate). (Note: The "All Operations" endorsement covers all current and future operations with Palo Verde College. Minimum coverage must be in accordance with bid or contract specifications.)
- Certificate holder information must read as follows:
Palo Verde Community College District, Administrative Services
One College Drive
Blythe, CA 92225
ALL said insurance shall be maintained by the Contractor in full force and effect during the ENTIRE PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE. Renewal certificates must be received by the Insurance Coordinator at least ten (10) days prior to the expiration date in order to ensure continuation of contracts.
Renewal certificates may be sent by fax to 760.922.0230 and original certificates should be sent by mail to at Administrative Services at One College Drive, Blythe, CA 92225.
Types of bonds required, depending on the contract awarded, may include but are not limited to Faithful Performance Bond, Payment Bond, and Warranty Bond. All required bonds shall be submitted to Purchasing within ten (10) days of provisional award of a contract. Further, all bonds submitted to Purchasing shall be the original and notarized.